Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Mock Sangria

MOCK SANGRIA

OK I went to a Potluck of a friend that was leaving So Cal after an extended stay. I decided to bring drinks. My normal drink to always bring is some sort of Pimms Cup. But alas I was told Non-Alcoholic. Which actually was fine, since everyone including my 7 year old could enjoy it.
But what to bring.  I mean something a little fancy, it was at the home of a cookbook author, but my schedule on a Saturday is usually crazy. So something easy to make. hmmm Last time I had a party I made rainbow skewers with different fruit, so that is what I started with.

I went to Sprouts and grabbed a bunch of different colored fruit I could cut up. I decided a mock sangria because it would be fruity. I wanted white grape juice, I didn't think apple would taste right and it needed to be clear so you can see the fruit.Well this was not an easy task. I think I went to 3 stores to find 100 % white grape juice. I also wanted a touch of bubble so I decided Veri ginger ale.

I threw it together so the measurements are not exact.

48oz  White Grape Juice (it should be 100% juice)
1 T      raw agave ( I usually use coconut nectar but I was out)
1         lime (juice)
1/2 c   Ginger Ale

Mix everything but ginger ale together in a separate container to get them mixed well

Fruit

8 oz  blueberries
2       kiwis
1/3    pineapple
2       mandarin oranges
4-5   strawberries
4 oz  raspberries

(these can be exchanged for other fruit or play with the amounts.)

Cut up fruit and layer in the form of a rainbow starting with blueberries and work up to the raspberries. Pour the Juice mix over the fruit and top with Ginger Ale.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture before I got into the car, so it was much prettier before the being shook up. The pitcher was full of fruit. I still like it. And so did everyone that tasted it.


Michelle





No comments:

Post a Comment